On Friday nights we have family movie night and we like to have a treat. I try to find healthier versions of our favorites. It doesn’t always happen, but I try! Tonight was a success! I found these little gems on fooddoodles.com. My family devoured them! I hope you guys enjoy them too!
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1 1/2-1 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, ground in a blender or food processor
1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Gently warm the pb and honey if needed and stir together. Add the vanilla and sea salt and stir well.
2. Measure and then grind the coconut just until finely ground. Add the coconut to the pb mixture and stir well adding as much as needed up to 1 3/4 cups. The mixture will be sticky.
3. When completely combined, add any extras add-ins (choc chips, nuts, dried fruit, etc) and stir in. Cool the mixture before adding chocolate chips if it’s still warm as the chips will melt.
4. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle. Or refrigerate overnight and remove from the fridge for 30 minutes or so until soft enough to roll into balls. Scoop spoon sized pieces and roll into balls.
5. Place in a container and store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.