A few weeks ago I made these yummy gluten free crispy quinoa bites (from gluten-free and vegetarian). I have been meaning to stay updated on my blog but my life has been SO busy! No excuse! So here is the recipe, I hope you all enjoy!
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup uncooked black rice
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup mozzarella cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1/3 cup grape tomatoes, diced
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp chili powder
2 cups pasta sauce for serving
1. Cook quinoa and rice according to package directions. Prepare muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa and rice with remaining ingredients, except pasta sauce; mix well to combine. Transfer quinoa and rice mixture to prepared muffin pan. Using a Tbsp, fill each muffin cup to the top, then using a spatula, press down on the mixture to create a flat surface.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Using a tsp, gently remove rice and quinoa snacks from the muffin cups.
5. Transfer to a serving platter; serve with pasta sauce for dipping.